Facilitator: Heran Tadesse, founder of Heran’s Yoga & Co-founder of Regina Family Center
The session began with Heran’s heartfelt reminder to all present, urging us not to lose sight of the dreams and aspirations we held as children and teenagers. As we age, the tendency to abandon those youthful hopes in favor of what society deems “realistic” often leads us to disregard our own happiness and passion in pursuit of financial gain. In doing so, we risk losing touch with our true selves.
To overcome procrastination and self-sabotage, one powerful tool is the repetition of affirmations. Ask yourself, what messages do you need to hear more frequently? By making time for introspection, we can transform our thought patterns. Heran recited a poignant poem that continually emphasized the affirmation, “I am powerful, mindful, and faithful.”
Establishing core values is key to preventing fear from becoming an insurmountable barrier. These values act as a guiding force for your dreams. Some core values to consider include impact, diversity, structure, happiness, trust, self-love, self-confidence, belief in oneself, and gratitude. When you prominently display a word that embodies one of these values in your personal space, it becomes ingrained in your subconscious.
Embrace your weaknesses; they are a part of you. You can either accept them or work to improve them. Recognize that not everything in life can be changed; discern when acceptance is the wisest course of action. When you infuse positivity into these areas, you can harness the energy needed to bring about change. Embrace your current state and love yourself unconditionally.
Ultimately, you must coexist with yourself. If you cannot derive joy from your own company or are burdened by negative thoughts, true happiness may remain elusive. Remember that self-care is essential; giving to yourself is not selfish, but rather a prerequisite for overall well-being. Find humor in your flaws; it lightens the load and fosters a more joyful existence.
- Reconnect with Your Childhood Dreams: Don’t forget the aspirations and passions you had as a child or teenager; they hold the key to your true self.
- Use Positive Affirmations: Program your mind with positive self-affirmations to combat procrastination and self-sabotage.
- Meditate: Meditation serves as a means for us to concentrate on our thoughts.
- Focus on What Brings Joy: Through meditation, concentrate on what truly excites and brings joy to your heart.
- Build Core Values and Embrace Weaknesses: Establish core values to guide your dreams and embrace your weaknesses with self-love and humor to find happiness and inner peace.